Thank you Shin Min Daily News 新明日报 for sharing Xinyu’s story. A brain tumour diagnosis not only affects the patient but the whole family. Caring for a loved one can be difficult and we hope that people who read Xinyu’s story will be touched and motivated to support other families in a similar situation.
The countdown begins for Brainy Car Rally 2018, and we are proud to present our Promo Video! Done by the talented PR partners VooDoo Communications, be sure to share this video with your friends and family! And of course, do remember to like and share on Facebook too!
Brain Tumour Society (Singapore), together with the Lamborghini Club Singapore, will be bringing back the Brainy Car Rally 2018 as one of the key highlights of their fourth Brain Tumour Awareness Day in Singapore.This year’s edition will feature 30 Lamborghinis as they give brain tumour patients rides to help raise awareness of brain tumour around town.This year’s event will also feature Guest of Honour, Member of Parliament, Mr Vikram Nair.Brainy Car Rally is the annual awareness raising signature event of Brain Tumour Society (Singapore). Through this event, the public can learn more about brain tumour through educational exhibitions, sharing and magic performances by patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals. #BTSS #lightupforBTSS
Posted by Brain Tumour Society Singapore on Saturday, 29 September 2018
Once again, Javier demonstrates that one can never be too young to make a difference. His 10th time participating in Hair For Hope this July, Javier’s selflessness and positive outlook on life has won him a Singapore Health Inspirational Patient Award given out by SingHealth this year. Check out his inspiring story here!
Requirements for Eligibility of BTSS RHC Grant
- You have to be members of BTSS
- Supporting letters from relevant doctors for home care services / rehab
- Check and then make a declaration or provide proof that the services you require are not covered by other subsidies or your existing insurance covers
HNF provide nursing care in the following areas:
- Health assessment including monitoring of blood sugar and blood pressure
- Medication management
- Administration of injections/loading of insulin
- Nasogastric tube management
- Urinary catheters management
- Wound (including bed sores) and stoma care
- Removal of stitches/staples
- Negative Pressure Dressing
- Patient/caregiver training
HNF GPs provide the following services:
- Regular review of patients’ health status
- Order and review diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medication
- Refer patients to other team members e.g. nurses for nursing intervention and/or therapists for rehabilitation interventions
- Refer eligible patients to the Interim Disability Assistance Programme for the Elderly (IDAPE) and perform certification, if required.
HNF rehabilitation services include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
HNF therapists visit the patients at their homes and the number of recommended sessions is largely dependent on a patient’s rehabilitation potential. The range of visit intensity is classified into three main categories below.
- Home Rehabilitation (18 visits over 6 months)
- Home Based Training (3 visits per year)
- Home Environment Review / Home Modification (2 visits)
As a diverse community, all of us in the BTSS family strive to be a source of support and community for each other.
To help us better communicate our ethos and provide guidelines for interacting with each other and our partners, we would like to introduce our core values. May these serve as helpful principals that can direct and shape this community of ours.