Dear BTSS Family,
In our continuing efforts to better serve the Singapore brain tumour community, I am pleased to announce the launch of BTSS Rehab and Home Care Grant. The objective of our RHC Grant is to help alleviate the costs involved in caring for home bound BT patients, as well as those who have to undergo prolonged rehabilitation therapy.
Requirements for Eligibility of BTSS RHC Grant
- You have to be members of BTSS
- Supporting letters from relevant doctors for home care services / rehab
- Check and then make a declaration or provide proof that the services you require are not covered by other subsidies or your existing insurance covers
For the purpose of the Grant, BTSS has fostered a partnership with Home Nursing Foundation (HNF). The services that they offer are listed below. You can check their website for more details https://www.hnf.org.sg
. If you are a home-bound patient, you should first contact BTSS office via phone or email (6291 2736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
) to obtain a copy of your application form for HNF services. Our office staff will then advise you of the process from there.
HNF will obtain the necessary governmental subsidy as payment for your services (through an arrangement BTSS and HNF have with AIC). The portion that is not subsidized may be partially covered by the BTSS RHC Grant. As a guide, BTSS reimburse up to 50% of the portion that is payable by you subject to a cap of $500 which must be drawn down within 12 months of approval (it will lapsed thereafter). When this $500 Grant is exhausted, you can put up another application for a further tranche of the RHC Grant provided you can provide evidence that the rehab has been effective or the home care continues to be needful.
If you require rehabilitation or home care service that is not provided by HNF or public healthcare institutes, you can also apply for BTSS RHC Grant, even for your sessions at private centres, which will then be considered on a case by case basis, provided always that our 3 requirements are met.
HNF provide nursing care in the following areas:
- Health assessment including monitoring of blood sugar and blood pressure
- Medication management
- Administration of injections/loading of insulin
- Nasogastric tube management
- Urinary catheters management
- Wound (including bed sores) and stoma care
- Removal of stitches/staples
- Negative Pressure Dressing
- Patient/caregiver training
HNF GPs provide the following services:
- Regular review of patients’ health status
- Order and review diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medication
- Refer patients to other team members e.g. nurses for nursing intervention and/or therapists for rehabilitation interventions
- Refer eligible patients to the Interim Disability Assistance Programme for the Elderly (IDAPE) and perform certification, if required.
HNF rehabilitation services include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
HNF therapists visit the patients at their homes and the number of recommended sessions is largely dependent on a patient’s rehabilitation potential. The range of visit intensity is classified into three main categories below.
- Home Rehabilitation (18 visits over 6 months)
- Home Based Training (3 visits per year)
- Home Environment Review / Home Modification (2 visits)
Please contact our office at 6291 2736
if you like more details and information.